Well today I have bloodwork to be checked. It's 9.15am. My appt is 10.10am. I will head out and warm up the truck in about 2o minutes and let it warm for 15. Takes me about 5 minutes to get to the clinic and I will have to get moms prescription on the way. Appointment is in the lab and should only take a matter of minutes so it's not a stressful ordeal.
I haven't eaten solid food since Saturday at 130p. I am starving mind you. But I feel less than great when I eat so I am treating myself gingerly right now. Water and broth goes ok though. I might try some dry toast when I get home to see how that sets. I figure a half a piece every few hours should keep me comfortable. I think Chris only works 2 days this week, but I could be mistaken. It might be 3. Not sure. Will ask him when he gets up. My back is kinda sore and my tummy is upset from hunger. I cannot wait to get this stupid thing outta me so I can at least eat some food. This is just getting ridiculous. 3 weeks of this has me at my wits ends. Really. I was feeling decent on Saturday morning so I indulged Chris with some "quality time". I wasn't needing it but he was and I was happy to at least be able to that much for him. Being sick sucks. I hate it. I am beginning to think that when I was 15 and had a week long illness that laid me out in bed with abdominal pain, was a gall bladder attack. And what if all this anxiety is tied to the abdominal pain that I have suffered with since that attack? That would be bizarre, yeah? I think my anxiety will really fall back once I get this surgery outta my hair. It will at least make me feel somewhat better and than working with Sarah should help me with the rest of it. I have a plan of action and I just need it to follow through. I really do think I am going to get through the surgery ok. My cousin who is a nurse said I have nothing to worry about. That means alot since she is a surgery nurse. She said no one ever gets sick anymore with the anti nausea meds that they give. So that was reassuring. Then she told me that my other cousin had the same operation and that it was easy peasy. So, I am confident now. I just am anxious to get it done. I wanna feel better. I am going to feel better. I just feel it. I grow more and more confident each day. I have read the horror stories and I have to believe that there are alot more positive than negatives out there. It's just the folks that have had luck are moving on with their lives and don't need to post it on the net. Out of the 50k+ gb surgeries they do yearly, 5k will have negative effects. Most will have to watch diet for a year or so but hey, that is ok for me since I am on a vegan plan for life anyway. No biggie there so I don't anticipate any problems there. As long as I am low fat and high fiber I am golden. So there you have it. I might call the doc this afternoon and find out if I can see a surgeon sooner or if she can get me going faster. I don't wanna wait anymore than I have to. BBL
No comments:
Post a Comment