Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly...

No CIRRHOSIS!!!! Yay!!! Thank God(s,esses)
Fatty liver disease...ugh but its reversible so GREAT!
Gallstones and angry gallbladder that needs to come out...I am not happy about this. But I understand it will make me feel better.

Here is the one reason why I am afraid of the surgery...vomiting afterward from anesthesia and opiate meds. I think they can give me a mild pain killer and I will be ok since most people don't have too much pain with this procedure. But...the Post Operative Nausea/Vomiting (PONV) is what I worry about the most. Mom didn't get sick from the anesthesia, but she did barf from the morphine. I think I will pass on the heavy pain killers if I can. I have a heavy pain threshold. I will have to make sure they give me ample amounts of anti-emetic medication for the barfs.
So, that's what I got going on. Have to go in for blood work on Monday. Wednesday I have a physical done and pap. Thursday I see my therapist. So I have a busy health week ahead. I hope I feel better. The last few days I have had GB issues and its been a bit rough.
We are having a doozy of a winter storm. Started this afternoon and we are supposed to get a foot over the next few days. I hope I start feeling better again soon. I seem to be good for 4 days or so before I get an attack for a day or 2 and then I am good again. But I really cannot live like this so clearly the operation is needed. But I am still terrified. Again the surgery itself is about an hour long so its simple but the after effects are my main concern. The vomit issue is the main concern. Pain I can handle well. Besides the only real pain I will have will be at the incision points and from the air pumped into me to inflate my abdomen for them to use the scopes in. Too bad they cant do an epidural or some other form of non invasive numbing agent. But they are going to put me out. I know that is sure. The only good thing is that the longer you are under the more apt you are to get sick afterward. The shorter amount of time the better chance you have of not getting sick. But some people are more sensitive to things than others. I miss my dad alot right now. He was my rock and it would be nice to have him here to go thru this with me. Alas, I will have my mom and my husband, that is good enough for me. But I miss my daddy. Watching the father and daughter part of Tomb Raider and it is making me weep as I type this. I am such a sap.

So I am going to research the surgery and the anti-emetics so I don't have to suffer. More later, I am going to find something to watch on tv or to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment